Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The SILENT night..



As the night falls,
beaming down at me bringing with it,
a shadow of hope,a sliver of doubt
lending me its shroud of darkness,
to be anonymous and to be me..

The night glides by me,with me
no hum and no murmur,
making no ripples in the ocean of emotions..
just there with its strength,
the silent night..

The world of fear,of doubt
with its pace far gone,
A bubble of love,an island of despair
A quiver of faith,the quake of fury..

seeking respite from it all,
though i donned the silent shroud
it still whispered sweet nothings
and poured over me,the honey of encouragement..
prodding me,but never pushing me,
there it remained by me,
the silent night..

The night riped and with it,so did I..
with each passing hour it piped..
some glory,some smile..
some courage to run many more miles,
I was finally anonymous,totally me..

With the hope to love,
courage to let go,
trust to stave off the fear,
the world seemed so dear..

So trudged the silent night,
accomplished in its mission,
and yet reluctant in its completion,
for it shared with me the moments,
moments so poignant,
that even as the midnight sun shines,
the unfurling heart pines,for time spent
and for time lost,yet it rejoices
for the lesson learnt and for the company spent..

Since it has to trudge on,
to fill with sunshine,the life
of yet another silent soul,
it goes by the silent sea,
silent as ever,
the silent night...

2 comments:

  1. as the title says...the poem portrays a calm n composed outlook...nice use of similies in almost every para...u r really good even in poetry re!!!!!keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be anonymous and to be me.. beautiful lines. It seems to be a night of self-discovery. Wonderfully jotted in a poem.

    ReplyDelete